Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Apple Mush

(8 Posts)
abbykins3 Tue 17-Feb-15 22:16:51

I am expecting to undergo some major dental surgery soon and have been told that I won't be able to eat things like apples and pears for quite a while.

Does anybody know of a gadget that I can buy that would reduce an apple or pear to mush,mush being a similar constancy to stewed apple.

Thanks.

CheshireCait Tue 17-Feb-15 22:21:00

Just stew it? It doesn't take long. You could even do a batch and freeze it in individual portions.

abbykins3 Tue 17-Feb-15 23:03:48

Thanks Cait.I appreciate your response but I want to keep the fruit in it's most natural state as possible.

I will cook if I have to,but don't want to.

ceeveebee Tue 17-Feb-15 23:14:57

I use a smoothie maker (just a blender really) and put in apples, pears, bananas and strawberries. Makes a thick purée, The kids have this mixed with yoghurt or to make smoothies.

abbykins3 Wed 18-Feb-15 07:17:49

That sounds perfect see.Could you recommend a make and model?

Thank you.

ceeveebee Wed 18-Feb-15 08:54:27

We've had ours for 8 years so don't think it's still sold but it's a kenwood one - for some reason I can't paste links today but if you go on john Lewis website there is a similar one (search "smoothie"!)

Bunbaker Wed 18-Feb-15 08:58:45

Will you be able to clean your teeth properly after the surgery?

I am asking because fruit is high in sugar and acid so not necessarily that good for your teeth.

abbykins3 Wed 18-Feb-15 09:34:38

Thanks see!
I will check it out.

Hadn't thought of that bun.very good point!!!

I will ask.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: