Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nutribullet or juicer or another present for someone trying to eat healthily

(15 Posts)
Philoslothy Sat 17-Jan-15 23:05:47

I want to buy my sister a present, she is trying to lose weight - she has a lot to lose - about 8 stone.

I have paid for her gym membership so was really after something cheaper and had seen some juicers on Amazon reduced to around £30. I am worried that these might be rubbish.

I also have a juicer and they are a pain to clean so was wondering if a nutribullet might be a good option - although at £99 it is over budget - but if they are good that is fine. Are they a good juicer substitute? Is it a waste if she has a smoothie maker?

Thanks

Littleturkish Sat 17-Jan-15 23:12:54

Juicers are not (in my humble opinion) healthy.

A George Foreman grill?

chestnut100 Sat 17-Jan-15 23:13:07

I evangelical about my nutribulket. There is a thread I started which is about 100 posts long in the food section, with lots of other fans posting useful reviews, tips and suggestions

chestnut100 Sat 17-Jan-15 23:33:34

A nutribulket isn't really a juicer in the typical sense. The entire fruit/veg is used so all the fibre is preserved.

Philoslothy Sat 17-Jan-15 23:49:46

We bought her a foreman grill for Christmas a few years ago!

She liked juices when she comes to us although you lose fibre which If I am right the nutribullet keeps.

We tend to have juices but we don't need to lose weight, we just like them. Maybe you are right and a juicer is not right. She is just trying to eat more fruit and veg and trying to give up fizzy drinks

Philoslothy Sat 17-Jan-15 23:50:26

Will have a look chestnut thanks

FelixFelix Sat 17-Jan-15 23:52:46

Nutribullets are great, but I wouldn't get one if it's over budget.

Breville do a version called 'active' where you blend straight in to a portable bottle which is meant to be quite good. My local asda had them for about £25 recently.

FelixFelix Sat 17-Jan-15 23:53:07

Also how lovely of you doing this to help her smile

MrsStark1 Sun 18-Jan-15 00:08:19

I have a Breville blend active. It was £20 on amazon. I absolutely love it. It blends perfectly and I have even got new fruits/veg into a milkshake or smoothie as it blends them well.

Philoslothy Sun 18-Jan-15 00:11:40

I have ordered the nutribullet, worried I have bought the wrong thing.

Philoslothy Sun 18-Jan-15 00:12:26

Thankyou Felixsmile that is a kind thing to say

Gumnast2014 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:28:32

What about a Fitbit band thing?

Philoslothy Sun 18-Jan-15 01:41:02

She has one. That was my very first idea.

AlpacaMyBags Sun 18-Jan-15 01:52:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Philoslothy Sun 18-Jan-15 11:28:09

She has started to make soups, thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: