Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone found a good alternative to TEALIGHTS?

(6 Posts)
MonsoonAlan Fri 26-Dec-14 23:00:13

I have a couple of nice lanterns which I put tea lights in, but could take a slightly bigger candle (lanterns have wideish bases but not very tall). It just seems very wasteful to get through a couple of tea lights per evening. I use two tealights per lantern to get enough light. Any good candle recommendations or has anyone tried the battery ones? You can't see the candles as the glass is coloured but I don't want something which eats batteries.

Any suggestions?

MrsHerculePoirot Fri 26-Dec-14 23:09:16

I have the battery ones, haven't needed to change batteries yet and have had them on pretty much constantly every evening since December 1st. They flicker and I love them!

MonsoonAlan Fri 26-Dec-14 23:12:46

Which ones are they Poirot? Do you know the make? I found some on Amazon but typical reviews, some people saying they are brilliant, others saying they eat batteries. I need to stop reading those ruddy reviews. Spend half my time paralysed by indecision grin

MrsPepperMintonCandyCane Fri 26-Dec-14 23:17:54

Poundland battery tea lights are surprisingly good.

MrsHerculePoirot Sat 27-Dec-14 22:36:55

I'm the same with those Amazon reviews! I just got some from lakeland, they were on special offer and I had a voucher... I got the shiny gold and red ones, but they had plain ones too!

MonsoonAlan Sat 27-Dec-14 22:56:39

Thanks Poirot smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now