Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Kindle question?

(7 Posts)
HellKitty Mon 22-Dec-14 06:12:05

I'm late to the Kindle love but adore my Fire HD. I want to get DS2 a paper kindle for his birthday in February and was wondering whether I can transfer my books to his kindle. He's sensible enough not to buy a load on my account - which it would be linked to?

Sorry if these sound like daft questions but I don't know anyone who owns one, they read the old fashioned way oop here.

WhatEverZen Mon 22-Dec-14 06:39:54

You can register more than 1 kindle device to your amazon account and then choose what device to deliver / transfer to

HellKitty Mon 22-Dec-14 06:42:28

Fabulous! Thanks Zen! Although I don't think he'll be interested in my celeb gossip bios grin

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 22-Dec-14 06:45:47

I have 3 kindles, 3 iPads and 2 phones linked to my amazon account.

I've restricted the DSs ones so they can't access the books on the
Cloud or buy from the store, only the ones I've sent to their device.

HellKitty Mon 22-Dec-14 06:51:45

That's brilliant thanks. There is a book on mine he's desperate to read (about North Korea - strange child) but I'm always on mine! He won't have a clue and hopefully will make him tidier.

outtolunchagain Mon 22-Dec-14 06:58:35

Doesn't can you explain how to do that . Bought ds3 a kindle for Xmas but on the front screen are all my books which are in the cloud , strangely I know he won't want the covers of my Joanna Trollope addiction on his home screen!

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 22-Dec-14 07:00:03

Ours are all paper whites and there was simply an option in Settings - probably parental controls I imagine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now