Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Good place to buy a sofa?

(4 Posts)
AnotherEmma Mon 01-Dec-14 23:13:30

Apart from IKEA (too far away) and DFS (we didn't like the sofas) where's a good place to buy a sofa? We want stylish, good quality and good value (not asking for much wink)
Some friends said they ordered a sofa from made.com but I'm not sure about ordering online without seeing it.
I confess I've found a sofa I want in John Lewis (the "sixty seven") but DH is hesitating, annoyingly, so I want us to do a bit of research which I'm hoping will prove that this is the best one wink

AnotherEmma Tue 02-Dec-14 18:14:51

Bumping this in the hope of replies!
Also this is the sofa I want:
G Plan Vintage The Sixty Seven Large Sofa, Marl Grey

BooDidIScareYou Tue 02-Dec-14 18:22:32

I went to the Made showroom the other week and tbh although the sofas looked nice, they weren't very comfy to sit on...all a bit sort of hard, I suspect the cushions are filled with quite rigid foam or something similar. We also went to the loaf.com showroom and their stuff was beeyoootiful...pricier but I think it would be worth it in the long run as the sofas were dead comfy and seemed built to last. I'm hoping they will have a January sale!!

BooDidIScareYou Tue 02-Dec-14 18:23:36

Ooh I do like the one you've picked though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now