Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What type of light bulbs - halogen, led, energy saving, something else?

(2 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Fri 21-Nov-14 15:57:19

We're about to change some light fittings which means I need to buy some bulbs. Because I have some ridiculously dull and take ages to light up bulbs that wont die, I haven't bought any new bulbs for years and there now seems to be a dizzying array of options.

What kind of bulbs are the best to buy now? I'm going to need some regular ceiling light bulbs (for a normal fitting with a light shade) and some bulbs for some flush enclosed fittings.

What type of light bulbs are the best? Have the energy saving ones improved (I hate the ones in our bedrooms - they take ages to come on and aren't that bright)? What is the difference between them all? For one of the main ceiling lights I need something that will work with a dimmer switch too.

I just want something with decent light, not to glaring (fluorescent strip lights give me headaches) that come on as soon as you switch them on!

AMerryScot Mon 22-Dec-14 07:08:26

LEDs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now