Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New pie blender

(8 Posts)
Perry10 Tue 11-Nov-14 07:32:10

I am thinking of buying a pie blender. But I am not sure about how to select one among the different types of pie blenders available. I would like to get some insights about this from people who have pie blenders or are planning to buy like me. I am particularly confused about the curved and rectangular ones. Which one will be better choice?

HarlotOTara Tue 11-Nov-14 07:35:25

What is a pie blender? I have never heard of it, do you mean a hand held stick blender?

ireallydontlikemonday Tue 11-Nov-14 07:35:59

What on earth is a pie blender?

Footle Tue 11-Nov-14 07:39:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Tue 11-Nov-14 07:53:18

I keep mine on the sky hook.

Gozogozo Tue 11-Nov-14 19:25:55

Another puzzled cook...come back & explain OP!

Perry10 Wed 12-Nov-14 03:43:50

By pie blender I meant these, it is also known as pastry blender. I know that pie blending can be done with hands, but I am not much of a cook and I am quite new to these pie and pastry kind of things. which is why I prefer a blender.

AnneFlem Wed 19-Nov-14 03:55:10

Oh yes I have one of those. Mine is a rectangle one (http://www.sparkinnovations.com/perfect-pie-blender) with a red handle. I got it as a gift when we moved to our new house. I have used it a few times, it makes the job pretty easy but I prefer blending with my hands, But for people who are new to pie blending this will be a good catch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now