Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Aargh - fridge is bust. 2m tall 60cm wide fridge/freezer, anyone?

(16 Posts)
UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 19:49:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 20:06:55

No recommendations but suggest you avoid Hotpoint - ours has a light in the top that is so hot that if you leave the door open even a fraction of a mm, it cooks the contents of the top shelf. Lots of it has broken too and we're not heavy handed with it. Also, the shelves in the freezer aren't removeable which makes defrosting it difficult.

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 20:14:27

Northernlurker Mon 12-Sep-11 20:17:12

Not sure of the width of ours but it is narrow and it's been fine. It's a Hoover one. The people here before us had a tall narrow SMEG one.

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 20:27:52

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 20:29:19

Northernlurker Mon 12-Sep-11 22:10:18

Compare the capacity. You might get a bit less in it - but then you've got a narrower space so there's not much to be done about that!

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:32:58

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 22:34:55

SMEG made me snigger.

<sniggers>

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 22:37:58

<sniggers again>

John Lewis include volume on their specs [[ http://www.johnlewis.com/230722465/Product.aspx see]] grin

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:38:29

purpleturtle Mon 12-Sep-11 22:39:27

I've had a couple of Beko fridge freezers. The first one went on the blink just about at the point of warranty expiration, but it was because it need defrosting. blush Who knew 'frost-free' freezers still needed to be defrosted? Doesn't say so in the manual. But anyway...

I replaced that one when we moved house with a bigger Beko. Have had it just over 2 years, it's just moved house with us and survived, and we've had no problems with it. (Well, a freezer drawer front is broken, but that was DS1, not the manufacturer!)

HTH

mynaughtylittlesister Mon 12-Sep-11 22:40:39

We have a Beko fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. So far so good (the fridge/freezer now at least 2 yrs old) and no trouble - touch wood quick!!

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:40:49

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 22:41:39

Yeah, 'frost-free' my arse.

Tomorrow morning I have the exciting task of defrosting my fridge freezer. This involves taking all the drawers and covering them in a duvet so they don't thaw too quickly, then sitting in front of the ruddy thing with a hairdryer, occasionally tipping away the water.

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:43:07

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now