Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bespoke baby gates?

(3 Posts)
Maria101 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:06:38

I live in the top two floors of a converted mansion block. We have very particular staircases and regular baby gates just don't attach to them (we have rounded, wooden, weird but lovely, banisters). It's not just a width issue, it's everything. Anyway, does anybody know if you can get bespoke baby gates that are fitted specially for your stairs? Would a carpenter be able to do it? Any advice gratefully received!

plupervert Tue 09-Aug-11 21:12:08

I replied to someone else about this earlier today. You need "Y spindles" for your gates, which go around staircase spindles or newel posts without your needing to drill anything at all. Safetots do these, and narrow gates, too.

Sorry, all, for over endorsing ST today, but I don't work for them, so it is disinterested advice!

SageMist Wed 10-Aug-11 09:16:06

My DH made a baby gate for the top of our stairs, he even designed a special latching mechanism that took DD years to figure out.

So a carpenter should in theory be able to do something. Goodness knows how much it would cost though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now