Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

A daft question about dishwashers...

(6 Posts)
MissHonkover Sat 06-Aug-11 21:03:37

I want a dishwasher, but haven't yet got the money to refit the kitchen. Can I buy an integrated dishwasher without a cupboard to put it in. Here's the blush part: will it come with a door? I don't mean a fancy fitted kitchen-type door, I mean one that stops the dishes and all the water, er, falling out.

In my defence, the pics of integrated dishwashers on line have a 'for illustration only' door on them.

RandomMess Sat 06-Aug-11 21:04:57

They have a metal door and you attach your kitchen door IYSWIM

HippyHippopotamus Sat 06-Aug-11 21:05:32

yes, they have a door! it will have strategically placed holes in it so you can screw a door front to it. the strategically placed holes do not go all the way through the door so water will not fall out

hth

MissHonkover Sat 06-Aug-11 21:15:00

Thank you ladies. Haven't had hidden in a poncey fashion integrated appliances before, it made sense that the the cupboard door was decorative not functional but the websites were foxing me!

RandomMess Sat 06-Aug-11 21:16:56

although I was just looking at the miele ones and theirs seem different.......however at £1,000 don't think you were thinking of one of those!

MissHonkover Sun 07-Aug-11 07:31:25

Boomin' 'eck, for a grand I'd want something that put the dishes back in the cupboard afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now