Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tell me about pressure washers

(7 Posts)
twinklypearls Sat 23-Jul-11 15:53:58

I need a pressure washer mainly to clean up after my chickens. They poo on my patio Which needs cleaning. I also want to spray down their chicken run area which is quite a big area.

I have been looking at karcher models and am confused at the wide variety . Do o just want one with a basic hose or are the ones with the attachments worth the money?

What do you use yours for ?

MindtheGappp Sat 23-Jul-11 16:04:28

I bought a fairly basic Karcher. I think it was about £70 5+ years ago. It is amazing. Can't believe it took us almost 20 years of marriage before getting one.

This Karcher comes with a simple that cleans in a 1cm band. Therefore, it takes a long time to clean a large area. You have to do it systematically and it is a false economy to rush the job.

I came across a patio cleaner attachment from Aldi/Lidl, for not very much. This takes the jet of water and distributes it into a spinning mechanism. It is good for general dirt and grime.

twinklypearls Sat 23-Jul-11 16:25:41

Thanks, we do have quite a large patio area to the front of the house as well as a smaller area to the back. So maybe it is worth considering. I think the patio attachment is £40 on amazon.

What else do you use yours for.?

MindtheGappp Sat 23-Jul-11 16:29:29

It is great for cleaning down outdoor toys, and barbecues. We can't really use it for the cars as they are too far from the tap. I take my kitchen table and chair outside to clean all the inticate carvings. I have been known to clean my kitchen floor ( the grout between the tile), as it uses a surprisingly small amount of water.

twinklypearls Sat 23-Jul-11 16:41:37

Thanks for the info, I am just trying to work out how much we can justify speding. We could bring our car up to the back of the house if needed.

I have a fully tiled huge ensuite that is all white which is a nightmare to clean, would it work in there?

MindtheGappp Sat 23-Jul-11 17:29:38

If you have a water and power supply nearby, the yes, it will work. As I said, I have used mine in the kitchen, and it works because it uses a small amount of water. You have to have a way of mopping up the water you generate, but an actual string mop should be sufficient.

We discovered a pressure washer relatively late in life, and there is no substitute (iro £100). Five or so years in, I am still fascinated.

We have a massive (IMO) back patio at 7m x 6m and there is no way we could clean it by hand. Even with a pressure washer, it is a two person job, once or twice a year. You need one person, which could be a child, to do the power washing, and another to sweep away the dirty water.

twinklypearls Sat 23-Jul-11 17:46:35

Our front patio is a similar size. My neighbour said that he had seen them on ebay so I may have a peek.

Thanks for taking the time to help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now