Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best Hand blender with chopper attachment

(13 Posts)
SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:07:14

Do they chop nuts ok and which one would you recommend?

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:08:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:11:02

Chop nuts?

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:12:02

Bejeezus £159! Are you crazy?

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:13:32

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:20:26

Thank you. I should state that my budget would be £30 max.

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:23:27

Ponders Mon 23-May-11 23:28:08

I've got a Philips one which seems ok but

a) I haven't tried to chop nuts in it &
b)I haven't used it much at all!

Lots of reviews on amazon though:

HR1363 £27

(NB "dishwasher-safe parts" doesn't apply to all of it)

SaltNSauce Tue 24-May-11 13:52:35

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer is the way to find out if they can grind nuts.
Amazon reviews are usefull but will not tell me this Vital information.

Ponders Tue 24-May-11 14:59:21

it is supposed to grind nuts; a couple of the reviews (if you plough on!) mention doing it.

& it's an excellent design for blending wet things like soup - no splashing to speak of (I have had Braun & Moulinex ones before & they were quite splashy)

here are a few nutty reviews for you - I reckon it should be ok!

"PHILIPS HR1363 is powerful & does what it says ie I have used the hand blender to chop hard nuts & soft veg; also pureeing soups. Easy to clean. Well satisfied" (4* review)

"This is excellent quality for this price. The blender looks smart and is easy to operate. Blade are very sharp. I have used the chopper to crush almonds and they was reduce to a fine power in seconds. Very happy with purchase. The beaker with comes with it is fairly small but cannot expect anything better for this price." (5*. not sure if crushed is what you want though?)

"The chopper attachment and tiny bowl are remarkable. It doesn't look that powerful, and I haven't tried it on raw meat yet, but I have easily minced cooked meat, made breadcrumbs, and chopped nuts. " (4*)

"I use the chopper to chop nuts for my Asian cooking too." (5*)

"What a treat to use after years of a jug type blender! Easy to assemble and to clean and the grinder bit copes well with nuts, bread etc. Good buy at the price." (5*)

rubyrubyruby Tue 24-May-11 15:01:52

SaltNSauce Tue 24-May-11 17:36:36

Ponders you obviously have more perseverance than me. Thank you.
rubyrubyruby how long did you save for or was it an anniversary present grin

fedupwithdeployment Wed 01-Jun-11 21:25:30

I have a dualit one from John Lewis. It has lots of gizmos, most of which I use. It was about £65 and worth every penny. I had a morphy richards before (ok) and a tesco value one (dire).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: