Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best Hand blender with chopper attachment

(13 Posts)
SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:07:14

Do they chop nuts ok and which one would you recommend?

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:08:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:11:02

Chop nuts?

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:12:02

Bejeezus £159! Are you crazy?

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:13:32

SaltNSauce Mon 23-May-11 23:20:26

Thank you. I should state that my budget would be £30 max.

celadon Mon 23-May-11 23:23:27

Ponders Mon 23-May-11 23:28:08

I've got a Philips one which seems ok but

a) I haven't tried to chop nuts in it &
b)I haven't used it much at all!

Lots of reviews on amazon though:

HR1363 £27

(NB "dishwasher-safe parts" doesn't apply to all of it)

SaltNSauce Tue 24-May-11 13:52:35

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer is the way to find out if they can grind nuts.
Amazon reviews are usefull but will not tell me this Vital information.

Ponders Tue 24-May-11 14:59:21

it is supposed to grind nuts; a couple of the reviews (if you plough on!) mention doing it.

& it's an excellent design for blending wet things like soup - no splashing to speak of (I have had Braun & Moulinex ones before & they were quite splashy)

here are a few nutty reviews for you - I reckon it should be ok!

"PHILIPS HR1363 is powerful & does what it says ie I have used the hand blender to chop hard nuts & soft veg; also pureeing soups. Easy to clean. Well satisfied" (4* review)

"This is excellent quality for this price. The blender looks smart and is easy to operate. Blade are very sharp. I have used the chopper to crush almonds and they was reduce to a fine power in seconds. Very happy with purchase. The beaker with comes with it is fairly small but cannot expect anything better for this price." (5*. not sure if crushed is what you want though?)

"The chopper attachment and tiny bowl are remarkable. It doesn't look that powerful, and I haven't tried it on raw meat yet, but I have easily minced cooked meat, made breadcrumbs, and chopped nuts. " (4*)

"I use the chopper to chop nuts for my Asian cooking too." (5*)

"What a treat to use after years of a jug type blender! Easy to assemble and to clean and the grinder bit copes well with nuts, bread etc. Good buy at the price." (5*)

rubyrubyruby Tue 24-May-11 15:01:52

SaltNSauce Tue 24-May-11 17:36:36

Ponders you obviously have more perseverance than me. Thank you.
rubyrubyruby how long did you save for or was it an anniversary present grin

fedupwithdeployment Wed 01-Jun-11 21:25:30

I have a dualit one from John Lewis. It has lots of gizmos, most of which I use. It was about £65 and worth every penny. I had a morphy richards before (ok) and a tesco value one (dire).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now