Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help me choose a fridge freezer

(6 Posts)
maiisie Fri 12-Nov-10 15:19:45

I can't decide. Bit depressed and cannot make decisions.
Forced move into rented bit of a property slump nightmare.
Kitchen -galley has room only for dishwasher/larder fridge, gone for former.
Directly off kitchen is dining room and current tenant has fridge freezer in there.
It may not be poss to plumb in an american ff but would still consider one as in need of lots of storeage as kitchen v small. Also considering a ff with a non mains water dispenser

- need lots of freezing space and general storeage space as will probably double up as general food cupbaord
- good value but could spend a bit more on an investment ff and probably could take to new home If there ever if one
- would like stainless steel but does not matter
- would consider one with a non mains water dispenser

Help me decide please sad

maiisie Fri 12-Nov-10 15:20:58

Oh and please prefix my post with please and end with thank you!

marriednotdead Fri 12-Nov-10 16:21:55

Hiya.

What's your budget? Am on the Which? site as I've just ordered a new cooker so can have a quick look for you.

Our kitchen is tiny so have the FF in the dining room. Not got a drinks dispenser but it's an American style size. Was very reasonably priced at the time.

maiisie Sat 13-Nov-10 07:28:57

pretty flexible

could go bargain basement but on the other hand quite tempted with the american ones - what does which say about them?

Which american one have you got?

Thanks for posting smile

marriednotdead Sat 13-Nov-10 15:00:38

Mine is like this but with the freezer at the top. I've had it about 4 years and it was cheap as chips. It's huge and I love it smile

The American side by side ones tend to be a lot more expensive both in overall price and running costs. Which? have tested loads but none of the American styles feature so not really any help for you.

LG,Daewoo,Miele,Bosch and Beko came top in terms of reliability through their customer surveys.

I find this site a good place to create a shortlist but I then go to Comet/Curry's etc. to look at the actual product.

Saying that, I didn't see my FF before it was delivered, and probably wouldn't have ordered it in case it didn't fit through the door- t'was a squeeze grin

Anyway, HTH.

maiisie Sat 13-Nov-10 15:17:59

Thank you, very kind of you to take the time to give me this info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now