Talk

Advanced search

Year 9 English Homework

(10 Posts)
YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye1 Fri 15-Jan-16 17:52:43

Task is to write a diary entry as a 'baddie' but manipulate it so what the bad guy does doesn't come across as bad iyswim. That bit is fine but neither me nor ds can think of anyone to write about! Any ideas?

YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye1 Fri 15-Jan-16 18:33:41

Muskey Fri 15-Jan-16 18:36:50

Henry v111 there was a man who made out he was hard done by when he was responsible for most of his problems.

DragonsToSlayAndWineToDrink Fri 15-Jan-16 18:40:34

Nick Leeson Rogue Trader - I didn't have the training, or the budget to have enough people, and better processes should have been put in place to stop me stealing?
Hitler - doing it for the good of society?

Most baddies seem to think they are taking what they were due and/or that the victims had it coming

HeyMicky Fri 15-Jan-16 19:22:44

Captain Hook? Pete Pan is pretty annoying.

Any of the Disney villains would be pretty easy. Malificent has already been done. The Beast from Beauty and the Beast would be easy - tortured soul and all that.

Fairy tales would also be easy - the big bad wolf from one of the tales where he features? Hansel and gretel's step mother?

HeyMicky Fri 15-Jan-16 19:23:57

Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes could be a good starting point

jellycake Fri 15-Jan-16 19:30:50

Luke in The Percy Jackson series. Doesn't feel that the gods have treated their children properly and should be replaced.

jayisforjessica Sun 16-Oct-16 03:34:21

Hades, from the Disney Hercules movie. Opens the door to Greek Mythology too, which is (I think) completely fascinating and such a neat thing for a kid to nerd out on.

Claude Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame? IMHO one of the most complex and interesting of Disney's villains. He's definitely a "baddie" but his motivations are so deeply rooted in religion you can see how he wouldn't see himself that way.

Draco Malfoy, from the Harry Potter books. By their very nature they're written in a very solipsistic manner (Harry being the lens through which we view the world, we naturally only see Harry's POV). Draco is arguably a poor little rich boy who just wants love and approval and is going about achieving his ends in ALL the wrong ways.

AIBU to think this is a fascinating assignment and to steal it for my DS's next creative writing assignment?

cdtaylornats Thu 27-Oct-16 22:37:52

Dexter - the serial killer that only killed killers - you could watch an episode of the TV show and she could write Dexters diary.

Roseformeplease Thu 27-Oct-16 22:42:20

Isn't the point that he uses his imagination?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now