Talk

Advanced search

French pronunciation website?

(7 Posts)
TheWomanTheyCallJayne Mon 11-Nov-13 09:13:46

I'm trying to help ds2 learn his French vocabulary off a list given to him by his teacher but there is no guide as to pronunciation. Most I know but languages are really not my strong point and there's a few I have no idea. I've looked in our French dictionary but there is no phonetic guide.
Does anyone know of a good free website where we can quickly look things up please? I've had a bit of a google with no luck as many then expect you to sign up and pay.
Tia

Lovelybitofsquirrel Tue 12-Nov-13 02:22:33

The Google Translate site has an audio button, you could try that.

Confitdecanard Tue 12-Nov-13 02:33:22

Try the forvo website - free with pronunciation added by native speakers. Sometimes you get a bit of variation but mostly reliable.

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Tue 12-Nov-13 07:59:34

Thanks both of you smile
Will have a look

talkinfrench21 Fri 15-Nov-13 11:04:48

Hello,

I created an article few weeks ago about french pronunciation. It is pretty complete in my opinion www.talkinfrench.com/french-pronunciation-guide/

You can also check on youtube. For some example to practice french.

Let me know you need anything else.

Thank you

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Fri 15-Nov-13 11:52:05

Oh thanks Talk
I didn't even think of your tube blush
Going to have a look at your article. It would be nice to learn alongside the children.

vemgson Sat 01-Mar-14 08:12:50

For listening and speaking practice there are video clips on the BBC and a website called www.agreenmouse.com for younger students.
Topical if you listened to Radio 4 presenter Sarah Montague talking about education on Monday night. It was interesting! - www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03w02sj

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now