Talk

Advanced search

ART gcse?!

(7 Posts)
minkah Mon 11-Jan-10 14:43:42

my son, age almost 12 is asking me how he can do Art GCSE, when the time comes. I have used Our friend google and not come up with an answer. I realise that this is all a bit previous, but I'd like to set his mind at rest, if possible. IS it do - able, anyone done it?

I'm wondering if I'd have to liase with a local school if there was an obliging one willing to work with us..

coldtits Mon 11-Jan-10 14:46:01

given the alternative nature of many art teachers, you'll probably be able to persuade one to let your ds sit in on the exam - WARNING - the exams are 10 hours long, done in two 5 hour stints. They are expensive and no matter how good your son is at art it's not a good idea to let him to it at a younger age than 16 because unless he has HUGE maturity levels, he will find it too hard to do one thing for 5 hours two days running.

minkah Sun 17-Jan-10 11:29:57

thanks coldtits!

Bubble99 Mon 18-Jan-10 11:52:01

My HE son is studying towards an art IGCSE (no coursework requirement). He is having private art tuition for two hours a week with a friend/art teacher who is covering the syllabus.

minkah Mon 18-Jan-10 19:26:01

ah! Thanks very much Bubble9. I hadnt thought to look at IGCSE. It looks good.

borrega Sun 26-Jun-11 13:51:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

LauraIngallsWilder Tue 28-Jun-11 00:14:04

borrega - forgive me but you are new to mumsnet and have posted this link in three threads - rather odd hmm

The website is very brief and to be frank looks rubbish so not something Id be keen to go with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now