Talk

Advanced search

de - reg letter advice, please!

(4 Posts)
minkah Tue 03-Nov-09 10:10:48

Hello there, I am taking my son aged 11 out of the local secondary school, and will home educate him..... and will at some point probably apply to be on the waiting list for a different school.. I'm wondering what sort of letter to send to the head of the current school we are leaving. Is it the standard de - reg letter?

We are pretty much playing it by ear, dont expect a place at another school to come up for quite a while, and will home educate until then.. my ds has only been at home a little while so we arent sure how HE will turn out for us, I only just wrote off to a local group today. So we are basically feeling our way around the new situation ( son went to local comp in september but was very unhappy there so we removed him at half term..)

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what kind of letter to send to the school.. any help appreciated!

AMumInScotland Tue 03-Nov-09 10:37:17

I think I would just write a very standard de-reg letter to him - there's no need to go into the details of why you're doing it, or what your future plans might be.

If and when you want to apply to another school, you can just do that either directly to the new school or via the LEA, whatever the normal practise is in your area.

HTH

minkah Tue 03-Nov-09 12:09:26

Thanks AMumInScotland, it does H! Glad it's quite simple, it's nice when that happens..

chatterbocs Thu 05-Nov-09 23:40:51

I just did something similar to this.

www.home-education.org.uk/legal-guide.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now