Talk

Advanced search

Im going to home ed my ds1

(4 Posts)
janmumto5 Thu 22-Oct-09 20:55:52

My ds1 school are basically a waste of space i moved my dd1 from there 4 weeks ago they failed to pick up she was behind and struggling etc her new school have picked this up straight away and giving her extra help already..

Ds1 couldnt change schools because there was no places for him so we decided to let him stay there but they just arnt helping they arnt interested in anything to do with him, not listening or talking to us, generally being very unhelpful and unsupportive so we have decided to he ds1 for next few mths till i have managed to somehow get assessments etc done to see if he does have a language processing disorder and that is whats causing him to struggle at school. He has diagnosed adhd and does struggle to keep attention already.

We are going to learn thro fun kinda thing but do worksheets and scrapbooks on stuff ie he loves history so we will do a scrap book on the war, victorian life etc..

Has anybody got any useful websites for us to use where we can download/print off worksheets for maths,english etc ? Thanks in advance x

lolapoppins Thu 22-Oct-09 21:28:43

www.primaryresources.co.uk is a great site. The History section has lots of worksheets on Victorian life/the World Wars etc. The maths and English on there are very good as well.

janmumto5 Fri 23-Oct-09 10:21:01

thankyou x

FlamingoBingo Fri 23-Oct-09 11:30:40

Donna Young is a website I've recently discovered.

I tend to put a subject title into google + KS1 and usually get loads of stuff coming up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now