Talk

Advanced search

New to Home Education - my 6 years old is in need of some friends his own age....help!

(9 Posts)
anniemay193 Thu 08-Oct-09 14:42:44

We've just moved to Perivale from Berkshire, I have 3 sons - the eldest (7) is in Year 3 at a local good catholic school & the youngest (4) as just started nursery there - leaving my 6 year old son at home with me.. I feel a fraud in home educating terms as the other 2 are in school and he is on the waiting list for a place. I have no idea how long we will be waiting - & we are enjoying the experience - we just need to meet up with a few people of his age (think he's feeling the lack of social interaction...... ) If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.........

2kidzandi Thu 08-Oct-09 16:51:34

Bump

colditz Thu 08-Oct-09 16:52:32

beavers?

Psychomumma Thu 08-Oct-09 17:04:33

Hi Anniemay [waves]! Lisa's friend here. We're happy to come over to your nice park place next time the weather can be relied upon...

anniemay193 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:31:25

Hi
Colditz - have already attempted to sign up for Beavers - thanks, but I think there's quite a waiting list in this area - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.hmm

2kidzandi -?bump - might be really obvious - but????

Psychomumma - hello.......thought this was you.....you're more than welcome to hang out in our neck of the woods then you want....I'm assuming we'll see you in a few weeks anyway when the latest addition arrives......hope you're all keeping well.....

2kidzandi Thu 08-Oct-09 19:47:26

Oh! Everytime you respond to a thread it goes to the top of all the other threads. Ocassionally someone will read your thread but won't be able to be helpful so instead they may just 'bump' up your thread so it will get to the top of the other threads and get more attention and responses from people who can help.

Left me puzzled at first too. smile

2kidzandi Thu 08-Oct-09 19:51:26

Occasionally blush

lilyfire Thu 08-Oct-09 23:06:16

Hi, geography a bit hazy. are you near Ealing area at all? If so you could try the log cabin which meets every other Wednesday. Think there are a fair amount of 6 year olds there and although I've never been I have friends who have and say it's a lovely centre and they have nice activities. If you went you'd probably then hear about other activities in the local area. Log cabin meetings are posted on the west london home ed yahoo groups - you might find out about other groups on that list. Now if you were still in Berkshire you could go to Heroes www.heroesberkshire.co.uk/page_1587908.html which I've never been to, but it looks fab. You could also join central london home ed google group which has lots of info about museum trips etc. The parks group meets on Tuesday afternoons in various parks in London, but might be tricky if you're tied to the school run.

anniemay193 Sat 10-Oct-09 00:03:41

Thanks everyone - 2kidzandi - thanks for the tip - knew it would be obvious but still a novice to all this.......wink
lilyfire - will try the log cabin thanks - bit of a pain being tied to school runs - not sure if my 3 boys (or their mother) would have survived cold turkey home ed....... but we're doing our best - we are just north of Ealing.......... thanks again for the suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now