Talk

Advanced search

calvert curriculum or others

(6 Posts)
puddinmama Sat 08-Aug-09 16:23:27

hi

I just wanted to ask if anyone has used a box curriculum like calvert for home edding, they are very expensive but look really impressive and I was wondering if it had worked well with anyone, also how many hours a day would it take to do.

am sort of looking into boxed curriculums at the moment and this is the only one i have found so if anyone knows any other good ones let me know thanks

puddin mama

Yurtgirl Sat 08-Aug-09 18:52:31

Hi pudding mama - I havent heard of calvert before [homeschool.calvertschool.org/ This is it!]]

I have heard of sonlight If you fill in the catalogue request box they send you a very interesting catalogue - I will never order from them as the shipping from USA us £££ but wow what great ideas!

interhigh looks really good for older kids - if you can afford it

There are several others whose names are escaping me atm

How old are your kids?

Yurtgirl Sat 08-Aug-09 18:54:34

Ooooh I have just stumbled on some more!

witsend!

lessons in a box

puddinmama Sun 09-Aug-09 14:14:14

Hi

thanks for that, really appreciated, do you use a curriculum yourself, what about anyone else??

again thanks

puddinmama

Yurtgirl Sun 09-Aug-09 22:40:50

No but then we have only just started and my kids are only 5 and 7
I might just might consider a curriculum in a box when they get to gcse age - but I think they would prefer to pick and mix much more

There are a few MNetters whose kids are studying with interhigh

How long have you been HEing for puddin mama?

puddinmama Sun 09-Aug-09 23:40:38

hi

I have been only heing for 9 months which isnt very long really, my ds is only 6 and would be primary 3 this year, i think its a confidence thing, and i feel like i need to keep up with school, and cover everything that he would have been learning at school, so as you can see i need to deschool myself which is taking much longer than i thought

thanks for your support

puddin mama

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now