Talk

Advanced search

Links for Badman report, and any other official "source" documents on review?

(4 Posts)
Fillyjonk Sun 14-Jun-09 14:53:38

Am not 100% sure what has been published, what is official, and where.

Would anyone mind linking to the report, the governement's official response, etc etc?

Also can someone clarify something for me. Is it me or have there been about 3 of these consulations in the last year?

A timeline of events would be most helpful...would someone mind doing that?

I don't seem to be able to find a single clear link explaining it all very simply to me.

TIA

robberbutton Sun 14-Jun-09 14:57:39

Hi Fillyjonk,

Badman Report
www.freedomforchildrentogrow.org/8318-DCSF-HomeEdReviewBMK.PDF

Ed Ball's Letter
www.freedomforchildrentogrow.org/Ed%20Balls%20to%20Graham%20Badman%20110609.pdf

This is the 4th consultation into Home Ed since 2005 - wasn't aware of the others as we weren't considering doing it then, but I know that nothing changed as a result of the last three for HErs, just local authorities.

Summary of report, more links etc here:
notatschool.today.com/2009/06/13/home-education-review-what-can-we-do/

HTH

Fillyjonk Sun 14-Jun-09 14:59:34

aw thank you, so fast!

and as it happens i just found your blog so that does it for a clear summary, thanks!

ok I may be some time...

Gracie123 Mon 15-Jun-09 11:49:35

This morally corrupt government has already caused too much damage with its ever-expanding, power-seeking, controlling agenda. For the government to target our children in this way is the beginning of the end unless we just say NO:

It is NOT acceptable for the state to have ultimate control of the education of our children

It is NOT acceptable for the state to make ultra vires judgements about the welfare of our children and then act in loco parentis

It is NOT acceptable for the state to operate on a presumption of guilt

It is NOT acceptable for the state to demand access to our homes without reasonable suspicion that an actual offence has been or is about to be committed

It is NOT acceptable for the state to demand access to our children without reasonable suspicion that an actual offence has been or is about to be committed

It is NOT acceptable for the state to demand unsupervised access to our children

These are all contained within the recommendations of Badman's review document. The government has them accepted in full as "proportionate and reasonable".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now