Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

did u know!

(8 Posts)
bigdonna Tue 26-May-09 08:55:47

that if you put your child into a registered tuition you will recieve tax credits back.i was really pleased i have put my home ed child into 2.5 hrs a week of english and maths at the explore learning in north cheam.my husband and i both work and are entitled to tax credits .i pay £98.00 a month and will recieve 80% of that back so was really chuffed not sure if everyone knew this

lilyfire Tue 26-May-09 23:33:09

that's interesting. how does it work? is it means tested?
also - what do you think of explore learning? and does your child enjoy it?
sorry lots of questions.

bigdonna Wed 27-May-09 08:19:18

hi lilyfire,its classed as childcare so if you earn less then i think its 30.000 you are entitled to 80% back.my ds loves it hes really enjoying it they are lovely people who run it.he is at the north cheam one .hope this helps

mumof4darlings Wed 27-May-09 09:54:28

dont you need to be working 16 hours a week to claim this?

mumof4darlings Wed 27-May-09 09:59:56

ah sorry just re-read you post! you both work. We wouldnt be eligible as its only my husband that works! Im sure it will be a great help to others though!

musicposy Thu 28-May-09 14:28:14

What is registered tuition? And does it have to be in the school week? Do dance lessons etc count, or does it have to be English and Maths, do you know?

There wouldn't be any point us doing English/ Maths as we do those pretty well ourselves (big head alert) but we do both work 16+ hours a week and no one has ever told us this is the case hmm

bigdonna Thu 28-May-09 18:39:58

they have to be ofsted registered thats how the explore learning counts as childcare this does run on saturdays and sundays,not sure you could find out who is registered no harm in asking

lilyfire Sat 30-May-09 23:05:24

thanks bigdonna. something to bear in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now