Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone point me to some good KS1/2 resources about Canada please?

(6 Posts)
Legacy Wed 30-Jul-08 19:32:37

We're going for an extended visit to family in Canada next month, and although it is a 'holiday' I'd also like to get the kids doing a few bits and pieces to learn about the country, its history, geography (lakes, forests etc).

Does anyone know where I might find some ideas/ resources suitable for Year 2 & 4 level children please?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 30-Jul-08 22:34:32

Which bit of Canada are you going to? I'll see what I can find.

Legacy Thu 31-Jul-08 10:11:53

Thanks NQC - we're in Toronto and going to Niagra etc and also north towards the Lakes/ Algonquin National Parks etc.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 31-Jul-08 13:18:13

Ah, the Science Centre and the ROM are good in Toronto. Ontario Place is great, but maybe a bit less educational!

Here are some kid sites I found.

Blandmum Thu 31-Jul-08 13:28:03

Enchanted learning is a great general resource, but you have to subscribe. At $20 a year it isn't that expensive and IMHO is good value

stuff on canada

There are lots of other parts to the website and $20 gets you access to it all. I would imagine that it would be very helpful for someone home edding

Legacy Fri 01-Aug-08 08:41:52

Thanks! I'll take a look at these.

MB - We're not actually HE-ers (if that's the right expression) but I just like having a semi-learning approach when we do things/ visits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now