Talk

Advanced search

new to the threads. wanting to say hi

(14 Posts)
barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 13:39:26

I'm new to mumsnet and have been reading some of the threads.

God, some of them get well heated don't they!!
Am 38 and live in Barnsley. I have 2 kids ds is 6 and dd is 11 months.
My dh works overseas for 8-10 weeks at a time so get a bit (lot) fed up at times. I can't remember the last time i got pissed or the last time i left the house without a child in tow. Anyone similar?
Any tips or hellos from anyone would be well received.

mumtoo3 Sun 27-Jul-08 16:06:47

Hi i am fairly new as well here, i have dd1 is 5.5yrs, ds is 2.5yrs and dd2 is 8 months. i have been HE since march of this year after dd1 had 5 weeks in reception and was being bullied she then started to self harm. since taking her out of school we have not looked back and she is sooooo happy

look forward to chatting soon

needaholiday Sun 27-Jul-08 18:44:57

mumtoo3, my DD went through the same at reception so we took her out and home ed too. We have several children and no intention of any of them ever going back into any sort of school, unless they decide to wink
BB- yes the threads do get heated grin it's part of the fun of open discussions.

fatzak Sun 27-Jul-08 18:56:42

Hello Barnsleybelle! Just noticed your name on active convos so thought I would pop in to say hello even though I don't home ed (have to say that after the year we have had with DS I have been very tempted though!!)

Anyway, I'm not far from Barnsley (Flockton, in between Wakefield and Huddersfield)and have 2 DSes who are 5 and almost three. I'm around all the time at the moment as I'm a teacher so on holiday so if you fancy meeting up, CAT me. grin

MrsFearnleyWhittingstall Sun 27-Jul-08 18:58:33

Hi welcome to MN ,I am home ed my dd and am in sheffield so quite near you .
Look forward to chatting .

MrsFearnleyWhittingstall Sun 27-Jul-08 18:59:06

That should be I home ed my dd lol!

barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 19:53:38

Hi all. I don't home ed actually, so maybe i've posted in the wrong place!! Doh!!!

fatzak. I know flockton. it's lovely... or it was the last time i went anyway!!!

My friend is a teacher at flockton. she doesn't live there tho. She teaches junior age. I also have a friend who teaches at criggleston (not sure if ive spelt that right!!!)

still new so waht to CAT me mean?!!!
Too many abbreviations to get used to.

barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 19:55:46

That should say what does CAT me mean!! Ive lost the ability to type.........I've only just poured my first glass too!

fatzak Sun 27-Jul-08 20:28:46

CAT = contact another talker (I think!!!)
Once you have paid £5 to subscribe, you can contact people directly.

E mail me if you like - won't post my own e mail address but use DH's business address graham at webactif dot co dot uk

Speak soon grin

fatzak Sun 27-Jul-08 21:02:37

OK dense moment, I will CAT you if that's OK as I have paid my dues grin Forgot that I can do it blush

barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 21:04:33

Yes, that's great. How will i know you have CATTED me!!?

fatzak Sun 27-Jul-08 21:09:36

Ah, I can't you haven't chosen to accept messages. Quick, change it grin

barnsleybelle Sun 27-Jul-08 21:12:54

will do.....

Mehetabel Thu 31-Jul-08 15:59:35

Hi Mrs FearnleyWhittingstall

I am in Sheffield too, and I home ed my daughter(My son has gone off to Uni now, but he was home edded too). I am wondering if I know you already from the HE group? If not, do you know about the great home ed group we have here in Sheffield? Ask if you need details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now