Exam adaptation GCSE child with SEN

(4 Posts)
Hazelnutlatteplease Thu 26-Nov-20 20:23:06

Has anyone home ed a child with SEN? When he was in school we were talking about a scribe and extra time, any idea how you apply for those things/How they all work if you are an external candidate?

OP’s posts: |
itsstillgood Fri 27-Nov-20 20:30:22

You need to talk to your exam centre and they will talk you through the process. Not all exam centres can/will do access arrangements. Commercial centres are more likely to be able to do access arrangements for private candidates.
This might help he-exams.wikia.org/wiki/Access_Arrangements

Saracen Sat 28-Nov-20 11:01:44

Also ask on your local home ed group. People there may be able to tell you about local centres where their children have been able to get access arrangements. It has to be sorted out quite far in advance, and you may need to travel some distance for a centre.

catndogslife Sun 29-Nov-20 17:15:30

It's called access arrangements and there is some information in the document link below www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Supplementary-AA-guidance-202021.pdf.
The deadline has been extended for 2021 entries due to the pandemic.
The centre where he will be taking the exams will need to do the relevant assessments.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in