(6 Posts)
Rubbleonthedouble1 Fri 04-Sep-20 10:25:54

If you’re home schooling and looking for a tutor, where would you look? X

OP’s posts: |
caringcarer Fri 04-Sep-20 10:27:20

I found out tutor of give years on Tutor Hunt. They vet people s qualifications.

Rubbleonthedouble1 Fri 04-Sep-20 10:30:12

Thank you. I am a tutor and only seem to get clients that are in school and have no idea where home ed parents would look! X

OP’s posts: |
Saracen Fri 04-Sep-20 13:42:04

I would ask my home educating friends for a recommendation. Some tutors are more clued-up than others about the needs of home educated kids, particularly kids with special needs.

If I wanted online sessions then I would ask for recommendations on a national home ed list.

Saracen Fri 04-Sep-20 13:44:45

Also if it is for exam preparation then obviously it's important to find somebody who is very familiar with the specific exam board syllabus which the child is working towards, knows the marking system etc. Many tutors are only familiar with the GCSEs offered at school.

itsstillgood Fri 04-Sep-20 22:28:57

They look within the home ed community and get recommendations there as an awful lot of tutors aren't familiar with the difficulties in sitting certain specifications for home educators. Most don't use tutors.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in