14 year old had to be taken out of school

(7 Posts)
chuffer15 Thu 27-Feb-20 08:02:57

Hi due to a incident I've had to withdraw my son from school. There is a police investigation going on and I want to make this as easy as possible for him!

He has given me a list of all his subjects and where he is at with them.

It should only be for a few month (possibly until September) hopefully we will be able to get him into a better school then.

I never did very well at school myself so this is going to be me and him learning together. I work night shifts and have 6 out of 8 hours doing not very much so have plenty of time to plan lessons.

Any advice please on where to start, thank you!

OP’s posts: |
TreesSandSea Thu 27-Feb-20 08:05:26

CGP books are quite accessible and fairly cheap. You could get those for the main courses - maths, sciences, English etc. Might be a good start. They are on Amazon or their own website. They are always super helpful so if you call up and explain the situation you might get a discount!

eggofmantumbi Thu 27-Feb-20 08:18:46

Does he have logins for any online platforms they use in school (GCSEPod, activelearn, doodle, hegartymaths etc?)

BackOnThatRollerCoaster Thu 27-Feb-20 08:22:57

Bbc bitesize is brilliant. It follows the curriculum. You can find out which exam board syllabus his school is with and it will follow that.

chuffer15 Thu 27-Feb-20 10:00:31

Thank you! I will look into all of this and see how far I can get. It hopefully will be only for 6 months or so, so I'd really like to keep him on top of it all.

I had a look at some websites but they were £600 plus for what he needs and that's just something I don't have at the moment.

OP’s posts: |
scoobydoo1971 Sun 01-Mar-20 10:03:13

TES do free lessons on all subjects, it is my go-to for my kids.
You can buy texts for KS3 and KS4 off ebay second hand.
Youtube have loads of tutorials and lessons, and documentaries.
The local authority have a duty of care for your son's education so you should look into what they are going to offer him during this interim period.
Myonlineschooling offers good lessons available on the 28 day contract.

gladysinthepicture Sun 01-Mar-20 19:09:57

myonlineschooling.

you can cancel 30 days notice. works fab in this house.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in