National curriculum framework

(3 Posts)
Hope102 Tue 09-Apr-19 11:51:07

Hi, im thinking of home educating but am trying to find resources and ideas from those who already home ed before I start. I have seen someone on YouTube use the national strategies website to find the national curriculum framework, does anyone use that? Also I'm looking for lesson plans if any are available.
Would appreciate anyones input. I need to have a good idea before I start the home educating journey.

OP’s posts: |
Gingerivy Tue 09-Apr-19 13:45:01

I use Twinkl for national curriculum info and lesson plans if needed, but that is a paid subscription. I know they have some things that are free - perhaps take a peek and see if the NC info is free. I also use TeachersPayTeachers, which sounds like it's paid, but is an American site and actually has loads free (and is free to sign up to) - although that is framed by national curriculum of course. I'm pretty sure there are other sources for NC stuff online, but I tend to browse it on Twinkl, then start looking around by individual subject matter.

There are also a lot of facebook pages for home educators that have tons of resources. Some are national pages and others are local pages. Do a search on facebook for those, and you'll likely come up with tons.

Hope102 Tue 09-Apr-19 19:29:05

Thanks for getting back to me, you were very helpful....will look into all.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in