We are.

ShrinkingViolet Mon 09-Jul-07 14:59:12

we are

fillyjonk Mon 09-Jul-07 15:03:42

100% thus far

I KNOW not everyone is though. And I KNOW there are more of us online

come on please, mush

SueBaroo Mon 09-Jul-07 15:14:26

We're not, but that's because I've been chronically disorganized about the wider aspects of HE (largely due to my disability and not being able to get involved beyond the computer)

juuule Mon 09-Jul-07 17:05:29

Yes

Julienoshoes Mon 09-Jul-07 17:58:59

Was at the beginning, membership lapsed after a couple of years, reassessed the situation more recently in the light of the consultations and threatened 'light touch changes' to legislation about monitoring. IMHO EO is now much more of a campaigning organisation than before and well worth rejoining-so I have.

If you are a member of EO (or not) have you made a response to the consultation on the draft guidelines yet?
See http://www.freedomforchildrentogrow.org/update.htm for information on how to do so.

terramum Mon 09-Jul-07 19:07:51

Yes

sarah293 Mon 09-Jul-07 21:39:19

Message withdrawn

FrannyandZooey Mon 09-Jul-07 21:40:33

Yes I am, not a full member with the newsletters and all that, but the thing where you get the card etc.

inhindsight Mon 09-Jul-07 23:52:30

Yes. We are.

singingmum Tue 10-Jul-07 14:26:40

Am finally a member again.
Let it lapse for a while and missed it badly.Is a life line that I need to tell me tat I am not alone.Also good news for us there is another HE family locally.Am so glad and will be contacting them soon.Sometimes you need the diary of a HE nobody,it's brill

ForeverBlowingBubbles Wed 11-Jul-07 00:33:22

I'm not a member of EO, but really would like to be, just haven't got the money spare at the mo.

bluemountainriver Mon 16-Jul-07 19:31:50

I found EO extremely unhelpful (we're in Scotland).

caterpiller Tue 17-Jul-07 00:13:02

I'm about to begein HE in Sept.

Can you tell me about the benefits of joining EO please?

SauerKraut Tue 17-Jul-07 01:24:06

We were, when we HE'd in 2005.

singingmum Wed 18-Jul-07 11:29:03

Benifits I have found are-
Contact list to find others if your not near a group
The newsletters are quit interesting and informative.
You feel like your not alone(was not member for a while and felt v.alone)

Julienoshoes Wed 25-Jul-07 19:01:34

Members of EO and other home educators are being encouraged to make a response to the consultation on the draft guidelines.
See http://www.freedomforchildrentogrow.org/update.htm for information on how to do so.

Runnerbean Wed 25-Jul-07 22:53:31

Yes I am.
Has been really useful for making contact with other local HE families.
Also the card is useful for getting reduced entry rates or free to places. It also gives me confidence to know if I'm ever questioned by police for example I can show it.
I like getting the magazines as you feel part of a community and not so alone.

Runnerbean Wed 25-Jul-07 22:55:28

The eo yahoo forum is excellent for support and advice too!
There is also a forum for HE kids.

FillydoraTonks Tue 31-Jul-07 20:25:14

must say have never contacted anyone through EO list, only local yahoo group.

I often don't agree with the majority view in EO, and have found some stuff on the talkboards seriously unpleasent (there was a particularly...interesting... one on the Beano some time ago).

But I don't find this with the local HErs. We all seem to be prgamatic lefties who are basically pro government, which suits me much more.

Also I cannot stand that Educating Archie comic strip.

EBAB Thu 02-Aug-07 00:19:22

Yes, we are. Reassuring, as others say, to feel part of something bigger; not so alone. I did try to get in touch with the handful of local home-edders whose contact details were listed in the EO directory, and all numbers/e-mail addresses failed to pin down a soul . Local Yahoo group has been more helpful for finding and meeting living and breathing home-edders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now