Talk

Advanced search

I'm trying not to cry

(6 Posts)
CarrieErbag Wed 06-Jun-18 16:06:19

Dc has been studying English language igcse, there are 2 papers on which amongst other things, you analyse a piece of writing taken from a selection of anthologies studied in advance.
It turns out the anthologies have been updated, but the course provider did not send us the new ones.
Dc took the first paper on Monday not recognising anything. We are now in receipt of new materials and have until Friday morning to study them.
I am in bits.

Saracen Wed 06-Jun-18 19:40:10

Oh God, how awful!!! That is really terrible. ((Hugs)) to you and dc.

GeorgeTheHippo Wed 06-Jun-18 19:48:57

My two did IGCSE in school and were told to approach the anthologies as if they were unseen pieces. Your DC will have lots if the skills they need. Don't panic.

itsstillgood Thu 07-Jun-18 18:50:44

That is awful and when you calm down lodge a serious complaint with the company you used (I'd be interested to know which as researching options for ds2). Your daughter will have lots of transferable skills though so hopefully will do well anywa y. Reassure her that all she can do is her best.

OnlineTutor Sat 04-Aug-18 07:04:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Nigglenaggle Sat 11-Aug-18 10:04:29

I think something similar happened to the schools didn't it? It's a mess this year! But your DC will not be the only one, try not to worry xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: