Bexley

(5 Posts)
ZZ28 Fri 13-Apr-18 09:47:13

Is anyone home educating teenagers in Bexley or does anyone know of any Home Ed groups for teenagers in Bexley?

Have a 14 year old daughter (Year 9) and looking at all options but need Information/advice.

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Nadz41 Fri 13-Apr-18 22:39:06

Hey :-)

We HE our year 9 son (almost 14) and we live in Orpington. Happy to chat. Loads of info for you if you need it. smile

ZZ28 Sat 14-Apr-18 11:35:28

Would love to hear any information you have. Thanks. Can you direct message on Mumsnet? I'm new to this!

ZZ28 Sat 14-Apr-18 12:12:24

My 2 year old has started pressing the buckle on his car seat and undoing himself! Last time this happened on the motorway and terrified me. Does anyone have any solutions?

NewElthamMum13 Fri 11-May-18 00:14:45

Massive home ed community in South London, including a few round Bexley. Have a look at the South London Home Ed wiki at www.slhe.wikia.com. There is a part-time free GCSE programme at Lewisham College for home educated teens aged 14+ too.

It's generally harder for teenagers to build a new social circle in home ed than for younger children, as often the teens who've been HE for a while are off doing things independently. However, in this area we're well supplied with groups.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in