Talk

Advanced search

Distance learning GCSE provider - Recommendations

(5 Posts)
friendlyflicka Sun 25-Feb-18 20:24:35

Can anyone recommend a distance learning provider for GCSEs? My daughter doesn't like the approach of Interhigh and would rather just have paper study materials and get on with it herself with some structure and feedback. There are so many out there, what are the experiences of others?

Branleuse Sun 25-Feb-18 20:33:33

Have you looked at Wolsley Hall online.

They seem to be mainly assignments set and books, with some videos etc and tutor support.

If she is really self motivated then there is also cloudlearn, but my ds hasnt enjoyed it, and you need to be very self motivated as there are no lessons. They just provide the materials

friendlyflicka Sun 25-Feb-18 20:46:24

I think she need help, branleuse. She is off with anxiety and will hopefully return to school at a levels. The way of learning on Interhigh hasn't felt right for her. She likes all the GCSE study aids and paper learning.

Branleuse Mon 26-Feb-18 07:43:40

wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/

We discounted it as we wanted more interactive online lessons, but this one sounds more like what you are asking for. If you message them, they should call you back.

friendlyflicka Mon 26-Feb-18 10:20:23

Thanks very much

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: