Looking for Home Education support in NW London

(4 Posts)
plutow Sat 20-Jan-18 14:59:01

I need some pointers please! We made the decision to take my 14 year old daughter out of the school where she has been unhappy (mid Year 9) and there are no immediate places at any schools.. so Home Education is needed for the rest of the school year. I don’t think it will work for me to be her teacher - how do Home Educating groups work, and are there any near me in NW London? Thank you in advance..

OP’s posts: |
PainAuxRaisins Sat 20-Jan-18 18:13:56

Sorry to hear about your daughter's struggles. If you have Facebook you could try joining the 'Home Education - NW London' group for more info on activities in the area but it seems to cover quite a large region. Which bit of NW London are you? I'm a newbie to world of HE too so I'm in the same boat as you - will watch this thread with interest and hope that some seasoned home-edders can point us in the right direction.

ommmward Tue 23-Jan-18 08:32:48

Some families have an army of tutors.
Some families of teens really let the teen lead. Once they've recovered from school, ask them what their hopes, dreams aspirations are, and then make plans of what needs to happen to get there
Some of us gang together with other home educators to make particular classes financially viable

HannahTitley Mon 30-Jul-18 13:12:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in