Talk

Advanced search

New to homeschooling. Need help!

(6 Posts)
pagoodeducation Thu 05-Oct-17 14:28:57

Hi! Could you please suggest good online platforms or apps that can be used to complement the homeschooling, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Saracen Thu 05-Oct-17 14:59:37

Big question!

Can you say more about what you are after? What ages are your children? What do they enjoy? What are you doing with them now?

Tha will help people make more relevant suggestions.

Ricekrispie22 Thu 05-Oct-17 18:46:31

Teachitprimary requires you to sign up. You need to pay to access all of the resources, but the free membership still has a very decent selection.
Twinkl is pricey, but I can't stress enough how useful it is. You can see what's available without a membership, so have a good browse before you commit. But I bet you'll want to subscribe after having a look!

MammaTJ Mon 06-Nov-17 17:44:51

I have joined teachit and not found anything yet that I could not print for free.

I also use IXL, which is a pay for website, but well worth the £12.99 I pay a month for English and Maths. It follows the curriculum and you can click the year they would be in. My DD does one topic a day, has to get to 100 points to get a pass, the better she understands the subject, the less questions it takes to achieve that. They send certificates by email. If we don't understand something, we go to BBC Bitesize for explanations.

Schoolsearch2015 Fri 05-Jan-18 13:20:15

I am new to all of this as well but Conquermaths (UK version) has been recommended to me and I like the look of it. I have used ixl in the past but from my understanding it doesn't offer any actual teaching/lessons whereas Conquermaths does. I am also interested in recommendations though - particularly on the Literacy side as there seems to be less available.

StinkPickle Fri 05-Jan-18 13:20:56

What age are the children?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: