Talk

Advanced search

Home Ed with an EHCP?

(2 Posts)
PlatypusAndBatty Fri 21-Apr-17 10:13:32

As per the title, I'd like to home ed both my sons but one has an ehcp. I can meet all the requirements and he would be very happy at home...

But how does it work with annual reviews, EP assessments etc?

He's currently in year 4, and I would be looking to him going to an excellent mainstream school w/support for Year 7. If I pull him out now, will he lose his EHCP and be unable to get back into the system?

TIA

FionaJNicholson Mon 24-Apr-17 09:14:03

Home ed is not grounds for removing the EHCP although the LA may try and say you don't need it if there is no special ed provision being made. E and F are not binding on parents. Section I placement has different rules from the old Part 4 statement. The LA convenes the AR instead of the school. There are two types of home education with an EHCP set out in the Code of Practice, 1 where you do it yourself and the other where the LA provides funding. I have a website on home education and SEN, I'm not allowed to post my own links but it's called EHE-SEN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now