Talk

Advanced search

Any Home Ed Groups in South Lincs?

(5 Posts)
ToneDeafHamster Wed 08-Mar-17 11:23:51

My DD is 3 this year, so no where near school age yet, but I am seriously considering home ed as I hated school as a child, and the more I read about mainstream education, the less I like the idea of sending her into the madness. My DH loved school, so is not quite into the idea as much as me, but we own our own business and I have been a SAHM since she was born. Its doable, certainly for the preschool years anyway. Albeit, I know absolutely nothing about it!

Are there any home ed groups in south lincs? Namely Stamford/Bourne area? I have tried to join a couple of FB groups but nothing as yet. Would like to find out more info,but my internet searches are bringing up nothing useful.

user1469559780 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:05:08

Yes I know there is a group in Stamford and lots going on in South Lincs. Facebook definitely best place to look.

ToneDeafHamster Thu 09-Mar-17 19:46:56

Thanks User - I have requested to join a couple of groups but not had anything back yet.

user1469559780 Thu 09-Mar-17 20:58:45

You could try requesting to join the Nottingham and Leicester HE facebook groups. They are huge groups and I think you will find members on them who will signpost you to other groups which may be Secret groups on FB. They will help with your questions too. Lots of people join groups across the region to find out about events organised. Sorry I'm not in a position to add you to a group myself. There is definitely a meet up in Stamford that you could start attending now, if you wanted to. Hope you decide to go for it!

ToneDeafHamster Thu 09-Mar-17 21:33:24

Fantastic, thanks, thats really helpful smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: