A deregistering question

(4 Posts)
user1486737884 Wed 01-Mar-17 14:21:01

Do I have to say I'm home edding in my letter?
(should we decide to take the plunge)
Making up our minds in next day or so, but my dc is in a high achieving school and I'm concious of whether we might let her down.
Actually scratch that, I'm worried about every bloody thing, stressed to the max and can't think straight confused

OP’s posts: |
Saracen Wed 01-Mar-17 16:37:07

If you are in England and it's a state school then yes, you do have to say you are home educating. By law, the school is only allowed to remove a child's name from the register under certain circumstances. There's a long list of these, including for example child has died, child has moved away, child has changed schools, or child is being home educated.

So you can't just say "remove my child's name from the register"; they have to know the reason in order to ensure they comply with the law.

stitchglitched Wed 01-Mar-17 16:39:02


This is a good letter template to use.

user1486737884 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:57:38

Yes sorry I should have been clearer.
We have been looking at on line schools, so I wondered if I could just say we were making alternative provision for for her education rather than specifically home edding.
But it's the same thing really isn't it. Told you I wasn't thinking straight blush
Will look at link also.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in