Home Ed waiting for school spot

(3 Posts)
user1479211803 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:16:52

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone here is HE while they wait for a place to become available? We live in a very over subscribed area of London and I read on forums of people saying they're willing/planning to HE until a suitable place comes up - and I'm wondering if that eventuates and if it does, how long it has taken, if it's been successful (for both parent and child?)

I'm wondering as my son is currently in a Steiner school and so we will be looking to do a transfer into year 2. Every school I've visited in our area talks about how long their waiting lists are!! Thanks in advance

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:18:52

I removed my son in Y8 and put him on the waiting list that we/he wanted to go to. A year later he no longer wanted to be at home but a place had still not come up so we had to send him elsewhere. The schools in our area are awful apart from the RC one and most people bus them out.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:22:33

Submitted that too soon!
I applied for a place at an outstanding out of catchment school, again Y8 but a different year, for my daughter and got an offer of a place within 3 weeks.
So it is really hard to tell how it is going to pan out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now