Exam centre - Oxfordshire / Berkshire areas?

(8 Posts)
probablyparanoid Mon 07-Nov-16 09:17:53

Does anyone know of an exam centre in the oxfordshire/berkshire or thereabouts area where my child can sit gcses? Also posting in the secondary ed section. Thanks

catslife Mon 07-Nov-16 13:11:55

If you look on the examining body website e.g. AQA, Edexcel, OCR, under private candidates, it should be possible to find centres that accept additional candidates for exams.
Most Home Ed pupils tend to take iGCSEs as these are exam only and don't have any coursework/controlled assessments.
You could try Abacus College in Oxford as one possibility.
Hope that helps.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:40:03

he-exams.wikia.com/wiki/HE_Exams_Wiki

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:49:29

Is Wokingham doable? I have heard good reviews about Embrook school. May look at that one for dd as not too far for us.

SianiMoomin Mon 07-Nov-16 18:51:29

Emmbrook are usually good at accepting private candidates. Maiden Erlegh, Luckley House and St Crispins all worth chasing up too. Wokingham area.

Saracen Mon 07-Nov-16 23:50:37

Hi OP, as catslife says, it's probably IGCSEs you should be considering. Local people will be able to help you with the main exam centres. For some subjects you might have to travel further, so if you can't find anything suitable in the area then try asking on a national home ed exams list next.

Join Yahoo or Facebook home ed groups for Oxfordshire and Berkshire and I'm sure you will get lots of responses.

waterhorse123 Fri 02-Dec-16 18:52:13

Hi, I'm in Newbury and my son is taking his exams at Kennet School in Thatcham next summer. St Barts also do outside candidates but Kennet was cheaper.

Cornucopia55 Wed 14-Dec-16 17:30:35

Look at the HE Exams wiki at www.home-education-exams.org.uk and click on Finding an exam centre. Lots of info on there about am aspects of gaming exams from home ed, including lists of exam centres recommended by home educators.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now