Any advice on where to start?!

(1 Post)
NeedAnAdventure Thu 14-Apr-16 10:30:05

Hi all.
I have a 5 year old ds who started primary school in September. He is doing well, and making friends, but neither of us are happy being a part of mainstream school. I understand that for many children it is a fantastic experience and the system works well for them, but I feel that alternative schooling will suit ds (and myself) better.
I wanted to avoid starting him in school altogether but as a single parent I couldn't find a feesable way to home/free school. However, I've hit a bit of a wall recently both with schooling and work and so feel now is the time to be pro-active and make some changes.
I work part time ( just a minimum wage job ) But now that the living wage has gone up, it means I am no longer eligible for working tax credits and so need to find a new way of surviving basically.
We live in cornwall and I do not drive, so this limits things somewhat for us. Basically I am just at a bit of a crisis point. Can anyone share some experiences or advice about alternative schooling? I am willing to consider anything. In an ideal world I would give anything to travel and explore with ds whilst working and learning along the way. Is this a massively unrealistic pipedream??

Sorry for the essay. smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in