Mum wanting to get back into Education

(6 Posts)
roberts01293 Tue 12-Apr-16 10:40:12

Hello,

Whilst my little girl is at nursery, I am wanting to do some online courses and get my functional Maths and English qualifications.

I understand there are Level 1 and 2 qualifications, just wondered if anyone has done this before and recommended a company to go for?

Thank you

BackforGood Wed 13-Apr-16 00:01:19

Can't help you with online courses, but it would be worth you contacting your local college to see what they have on offer. That's where I would start - they have all sorts of access courses, and qualifications.
Maybe even the job centre??
Or if you are near a library, go and look on their noticeboards
Or Children's Centres often have information about this sort of course.

roberts01293 Wed 13-Apr-16 09:41:45

Thanks,

I've had a look at a company called Runway Training (www.runwaytraining.co.uk) - has anybody had experience with them?

Thanks again.

G1raffe Wed 13-Apr-16 09:43:37

Near us adult education offer maths and English. I think it's free too or at least it was.

mummytime Wed 13-Apr-16 09:54:02

I would look first at your local Adult Education. Here (and I think everywhere in England) they offer FREE Maths and English courses to those without a GCSE in the subjects. The teachers (and other students) are dedicated and they get pretty good pass rates. If you are below GCSE standard then there are pre-GCSE courses too (also FREE).
If you have a leanrdirect they also offer FREE courses for basic Maths and English.

Really look at these before any provider where you have to pay.

roberts01293 Wed 13-Apr-16 09:55:39

Thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now