Talk

Advanced search

KS2 Trips available for home ed

(1 Post)
Krystal86 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:53:46

Hi,

I have been arranging School Trips to The Natural History Museum and to The Ragged Museum.
I have already successfully booked two previous trips.

I have two more available trips, if anyone is interested.
KS2 are only for children aged 7+

- The Natural History Museum
KS2 Cutting Edge Workshop 19.4.16 4 places left
£3 per child Adults are free

11:30am - 12:15pm

Lunch table is booked for 1pm (30min slot)
please provide your own lunch

- The Natural History Museum
26.4.16 10 places left
£4 per child Adults are free
KS2 Dino Scientists
10:30am - 11:30am

Lunch table is booked for 12:30pm (30min slot)
please provide your own lunch

Dino Scene Investigations
1:30pm - 2:15pm

- The Ragged Museum
21.3.16 11 places left

Victorian Lesson/Kitchen Session

1:20pm arrival
1:20pm start
3:30pm finish

£5.25 per child.

Victorian Lesson Sit up straight, eyes to the front; it’s time for your Victorian Lesson In our reconstructed Victorian classroom your class will receive instruction in the three R’s (reading, writing, and arithmetic) from our Victorian Teacher. With slates and slate-pencils, the children will practice their handwriting, drawing, and arithmetic. The Victorian Lesson is 50-60 minutes in duration. The Session will include  Historical background of the Ragged School Museum, local area and lives of the Ragged School children.  Role-play: the children will be asked to act as Ragged School children. The Victorian Teacher will put them through their paces and expect nothing less than diligence, devotion and discipline.  The chance to make observations and ask questions.

Victorian Kitchen Object Handling Session What was life like at home for the poor of the East End over 100 years ago? What does carbolic soap smell like? How do you clean carpets without a vacuum cleaner? How hard is it to scrub clothes clean using a washboard? Could you cope without a washing machine, fridge, microwave or bathroom? In this session find out how people took a bath, washed their clothes and cleaned the carpets prior to the dawn of modern technology. Using real historical artefacts in our reconstructed Victorian Kitchen, your class will investigate Victorian domestic life.

If you are interested please contact me via email krystal8607@gmail.com
to make payments to secure your place.

You will then be sent a confirmation email and the links for the trips that you have booked.

Serious people only!!

Thank you

Krystal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now