Talk

Advanced search

Moving to IG8, any info on HE in the area please?

(6 Posts)
thestylethatdecadesforgot Mon 01-Feb-16 15:24:21

Hi! We're moving to Woodford Green in a few months and I'm looking for info on the area really. Where's best for swimming lessons, best parks, any HE sports groups in or around the area? Do the local leisure centres/local council run holiday activities? That kind of thing and anything else you think it'd be good to know! Thanks all smile

thestylethatdecadesforgot Mon 01-Feb-16 15:43:37

And does anyone know whether the local council is anti or pro home ed?

thestylethatdecadesforgot Tue 02-Feb-16 16:36:29

Bump

tinfoilhat Sat 06-Feb-16 01:27:28

Hi! Are you on FB? If not, get yourself on it (it can be done as anonymously as you want) because your local groups will be there. They will be able to answer all your questions, plus you'll find out about all the trips/activities being organised. There is an Essex Home-ed page, i know there are east London ones but not looked for them so don't know their exact titles, but it shouldn't take too much searching to find them.

I understand there is a strong HE community in East London, i know a few families near to where you're moving to, and further into Essex there is a huge amount going on.

Sorry i can't give you exact answers, but FB really is essential for HE nowadays and it will provide you with all the info you could want.

Good luck with the move and maybe see you around!

AGrandUsername Mon 08-Feb-16 12:20:54

PM me :-)
Up the road

thestylethatdecadesforgot Tue 23-Feb-16 14:42:18

Wow thanks both, sorry I hadn't seen your messages - we moved and had no wifi until today so I've been keeping internet access to bare essentials cz I've been burning up data!! Thank you for getting in touch. Will PM you AGrand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now