Advanced search

Cambridge - any links and advice re nice villages - looking to move

(5 Posts)
happyfeet2015 Mon 25-Jan-16 18:27:18

Our LO is only 18 months but we would like to start planning our move to Cambridge. We are going to home ed and have heard Cambridge is a thriving home ed community. Would be interested to hear from those who do home ed.
Thanks so much

FlatOnTheHill Sat 30-Jan-16 10:59:51

Why would you not want your child to be mixing with others and gaining social skills in a classroom. Cambridge is beautiful and im sure there are some wonderful schools. I think its very sad and selfish. Why home ed?

Saracen Sat 30-Jan-16 16:24:48

FlatOnTheHill, perhaps the OP wants her child to be mixing with others and gaining social skills in the great wide world without the restrictions of the classroom environment. I think that is very joyful and generous. Why not home ed?

...but anyway, I think happyfeet2015 was asking for advice on the home ed forum, from people who share his or her ideas, about where to live.

NotAMamaYet Sat 30-Jan-16 16:26:52

Home education is growing massively in Cambridge - I know a few people south Cambridge who in particular have a good home ed circle going on...

Sure there's more other places.. Not much help but someone else is sure to come along with more info!

Saracen Sat 30-Jan-16 16:45:37

I see a "Home education - Cambridge" Facebook group. If they can't let you join yet, the admins may be able to point you toward another group.

Or this one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now