Cambridge - any links and advice re nice villages - looking to move

(5 Posts)
happyfeet2015 Mon 25-Jan-16 18:27:18

Hi
Our LO is only 18 months but we would like to start planning our move to Cambridge. We are going to home ed and have heard Cambridge is a thriving home ed community. Would be interested to hear from those who do home ed.
Thanks so much

FlatOnTheHill Sat 30-Jan-16 10:59:51

Why would you not want your child to be mixing with others and gaining social skills in a classroom. Cambridge is beautiful and im sure there are some wonderful schools. I think its very sad and selfish. Why home ed?

Saracen Sat 30-Jan-16 16:24:48

FlatOnTheHill, perhaps the OP wants her child to be mixing with others and gaining social skills in the great wide world without the restrictions of the classroom environment. I think that is very joyful and generous. Why not home ed?

...but anyway, I think happyfeet2015 was asking for advice on the home ed forum, from people who share his or her ideas, about where to live.

NotAMamaYet Sat 30-Jan-16 16:26:52

Home education is growing massively in Cambridge - I know a few people south Cambridge who in particular have a good home ed circle going on...

Sure there's more other places.. Not much help but someone else is sure to come along with more info!

Saracen Sat 30-Jan-16 16:45:37

I see a "Home education - Cambridge" Facebook group. If they can't let you join yet, the admins may be able to point you toward another group.

Or this one? www.educationchoice.org.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now