Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are you Home Educating in Lancashire, or is it just me?

(4 Posts)
astons8mummy Thu 12-Nov-15 14:29:24

Hiya All,

I live in Lytham St Annes, near Blackpool FY8 and i've yet to meet or find another person choosing to home educate locally. It would be lovely for my children to meet other children who don't go to school, and dare i say it, make friends - I now have 3 little boys aged 4, 6 & 7 continuing their learning at home and i want them to have as much opportunity to learn from others who are in a similar situation. I'm open to all choices of learning, whether you prefer to follow the curriculum or allow the children to chose how they spend their day - I am somewhat in the middle myself.;-)

I can't drive so ideally it would help a great deal if others could. I can try to meet up somewhere, Museums/Play centres etc as we have visited those around this area and as far as Preston, when my husband is free.

NewLife4Me Thu 12-Nov-15 14:36:20

Hello, didn't want to read and run.

We no longer H.ed but the Blackpool lot used to join up with some people from Preston and come down as far as Wigan, where we used to meet up.
There weren't many at the time, not sure how many there are who didn't join up iyswim.
Have you tried to contact a local group if there is one?
Sorry can't offer anymore but good luck and hope somebody comes along soon.

Saracen Thu 12-Nov-15 17:00:20

Nah, it's just you.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I see there is a Facebook group with 432 members which is called "Home Education Lancashire" so that might be somewhere to start.

Or the LEAD Yahoo group which has 514 members: groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LEAD_HE/info

NewLife4Me Thu 12-Nov-15 21:56:52

Is MADCOW Yahoo group still going? That is Manchester, but obviously Lancashire too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now