Talk

Advanced search

where to live for active, fun home ed groups

(3 Posts)
wordnerd Sat 13-Jun-15 18:24:23

Moving to London in Sept/Oct from Canada. We currently homeschool our 6- and 4- year-old children; we'll continue in the UK. Not sure where in London we will be living exactly--are there any geographical hotspots for homeschooling in London? In other words, if I had my choice of where to live, with homeschooling options, groups, resources, etc. being a major consideration, are there any neighbourhoods or areas you would recommend? I've been to London only once and know pretty much nothing about the character of the different neighbourhoods. Assume husband will work in central London.

lilyfire Mon 15-Jun-15 08:30:44

Hi there's lots on in London, so you probably can't go too wrong wherever you go. I'm in SW London and there is lots to do, but I'm a little jealous of SE people, as there seem to be even more groups and in really nice settings. I'm not so sure about N London as not on their message boards.
Generally though, there are regular group meet ups, sports classes and lots of trips out organised, so you'd have a choice of things to do each day.

bobthetomato Wed 24-Jun-15 00:24:08

How exciting!

We don't live in London, but are close enough to visit often. I've no doubt that you'll find other home edders to link up with, whichever part of London you settle in.

It's a fabulous place for a home educating family, with all the wonderful free museums, parks and historical buildings.

You could also consider living outside London in neighbouring counties like Surrey, Kent or Hertfordshire, for example, all of which have thriving home ed communities and are still within commuting distance for your husband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now