Talk

Advanced search

Active home ed forums?

(7 Posts)
OnionsAndApples Mon 08-Jun-15 16:53:48

Apart from here, can anyone recommend any active home ed forums? I joined one but have been waiting weeks for an email confirmation and other I have seen have hardly anything on them.

TIA!

TTTatty Mon 08-Jun-15 16:55:08

I only know of local ones so unless you are in Kent not a lot of help!

ommmward Mon 08-Jun-15 19:41:46

I think facebook is probably where the action is smile

OnionsAndApples Mon 08-Jun-15 20:07:58

Not in Kent , but thank you!

Omm, ah, maybe! I will go have a look, thanks for the tip!

Tinuviel Tue 09-Jun-15 09:25:24

I'm on 'A Little Bit of Structure' and it's very quiet at the moment. I think that it's partly because people have been busy with exams and partly because there aren't many new people asking questions/starting threads. If people have been doing HE for a while, they are probably quite happy with what they are doing and don't feel the need to post much. One of our local ones is on Yahoo and seems quite busy but it's usually posting meet-ups etc.

I think a lot of people tend to use Facebook for groups now.

MelamineTeapot Tue 09-Jun-15 11:55:38

I tend to use a couple of US forums as they are far more active than any UK ones I've found. Mainly welltrainedmind, secularhomeschool and sometimes ambleside (but I don't dare post there) as they are similar to our home ed style.

I'm in a few FB groups too but they are mostly either people selling stuff, or arranging meet ups.

NickiFury Tue 09-Jun-15 11:59:54

Facebook is great for HE forums. I get all my resources and group trips on there. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now