Talk

Advanced search

help filling out a form please

(10 Posts)
Thinking2014 Fri 14-Nov-14 16:34:13

Just a quick one, I know someone said we dont have to explain why we choose to HE but the form the council lady sent me asks what my reason for HE is...do I leave it blank or right something in there? It did say, fill in any blanks or correct any info..."Dissatisfaction with school" ?? No idea.

ommmward Fri 14-Nov-14 18:17:01

"best educational solution for littlethinking at the present time"

ommmward Fri 14-Nov-14 18:17:22

Or they might be after your educational philosophy, if you haven't provided that elsewhere?

Thinking2014 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:20:55

No it gives you small space to write a few words. I think this is just a small form just to check details are correct. Thanks I'll write that, its perfect :-)

Thinking2014 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:23:49

I notice they've cleverly left two more spaces for me to fill for 2 other children
Like hell I'm volunteering adding my sons in there. There not in school & never will be if I can help it! ;-)

ommmward Fri 14-Nov-14 21:31:31

Ha!

Saracen Fri 14-Nov-14 22:11:39

and ha again! I'm sure you have better things to do with your time than fill in two more lots of forms.

I can see why they might want to know why you are HEing: if dozens of parents reply "persistent bullying at x school" then the LA knows that it has a problem to sort out.

However, you don't have to give a reason if you don't want to. I like ommmward's reason though.

Thinking2014 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:33:56

Thanks again ladies :-) just realised its not even a pre paid envelope...I have to pay for my own stamp! The cheek shock they want info from me but can't even stretch to pay for the postage to ensure its return! wink

FionaJNicholson Sat 15-Nov-14 09:30:24

some LAs categorise "philosophical choice" or "felt we could offer better education" as positive reason and "bullying" or "problems with school" as negative reason

Thinking2014 Sat 15-Nov-14 13:43:18

Thanks Fiona, that's interesting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now