Talk

Advanced search

Wolsey Hall Oxford v's Oxford Home Schooling

(9 Posts)
Iamaworrywart Sun 03-Nov-13 09:06:42

I am considering taking my 13 year old dyslexic son out of his traditional private school and have come across Wolsey Hall and Oxford Home Schooling. If you have experience of either, please share it with me.

Theoldhag Sun 03-Nov-13 10:42:02

I have no experience of those organisations but you may find some information via education otherwise

Good luck to you and your ds smile

Tinuviel Sun 03-Nov-13 15:53:44

I have friends who have used Oxford Home Schooling for Key Stage 3 and they weren't that impressed. I don't know what they are like for GCSE.

Iamaworrywart Sun 03-Nov-13 21:46:02

Theoldhag and Tinuviel thanks for your feedback.

DawnDawnDawn Wed 06-Nov-13 00:56:28

I use Oxford Home Learning and it's fine. My daughter is 13 and on the year 9 syllabuses for English, Maths, History and a Science. You get a folder of work for each and it is set out and explained well with student questions and activities for each new subject and then at the end of each subject you get a tutor marked assignment. The tutors phone my daughter every three weeks, we email when we need advice or help and receive comments and pointers on the tutor marked assignments.
You get out of it what you put in.

Iamaworrywart Wed 06-Nov-13 06:37:51

DawnDawnDawn
Thank you for your feedback. Would you describe your daughter as a motivated learner or more reluctant (which my son is)? How much time a week does it take to cover the Year 9 syllabus?

Iamaworrywart Sat 16-Nov-13 07:28:04

Bump

Vintagepatch Thu 12-Dec-13 12:12:04

My daughter (13) is doing KS3 English and Maths through Wolsey Hall and it's good. The assignments seem to come around pretty quickly and the workload is quite high, but if child is motivated and parents are supportive, I think it works well. DD's grades were not great at school - even though it was not a bad one - but since using Wolsey Hall they are getting better and better so she's thrilled!

aliciahorsley Thu 06-Nov-14 03:58:35

I'm am based in Malaysia but trying to decide between the two as my husband is British and we may move back one day. Any feedback on the two options would be most appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now