Advanced search

HE law in Wales

(5 Posts)
Indigo8 Fri 01-Mar-13 18:31:35

Thanks Saracen. Yes I've heard of Mike F-W and I'll get onto the link you posted. Thanks for the info.

Saracen Fri 01-Mar-13 15:58:24

You could join . The moderator is Mike Fortune-Wood, whom you may have heard of. He's very knowledgeable about the law. (Quite likely other list members are knowledgeable too, but I'm not a member so I wouldn't know!)

Indigo8 Fri 01-Mar-13 14:52:07

Many thanks, I'll do that.

FionaJNicholson Thu 28-Feb-13 23:47:16


The Education Act 1996 applies to England and Wales. Some of the small print of the guidelines and regulations is different. If you put home education Wales into google you should get my web pages up (edyourself) which outline the law (I'm not allowed to link to my own site, apparently)

Indigo8 Thu 28-Feb-13 00:26:28

We are moving from England to Wales. Does the HE legislation in England also apply to Wales, i.e. I don't need to inform the LA we are HE-ing (my children have never been to school in England); can we refuse home visits and just give a report of what we're doing if/when the LA finds us etc? I know that there were recent attempts to change the HE laws in Wales, but are the current laws the same as the English ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now